At Autism Spa, we engage experts, luminaries & champions that are working on initiatives that are meant to transform the lives of our special needs families. If you want to speak to our audience, profile your products or services or share your transformational experience, we want to hear from you at info@AutismSpa.com.
Meagan Nuñez opened her practice in January 2010. She has spent over ten years advocating for people with special needs. Ms. Nuñez has successfully settled hundreds of due process complaints and successfully litigated in both Administrative and Federal Court. Ms. Nuñez believes that every individual has the right to a meaningful education as well as a dignified life. Her practice areas are:
- Special Education
- Regional Center
- Special Needs Trusts
- Social Security
Key takeaways from our conversation:
- Learn of Meagan’s background & entry into special education law.
- Her practice area and most common cases.
- What parents need to know about financial obligations, if any.
- The primary state/federal laws that protect special needs kids?
- How the law or the governing institutions in CA deal with a growing child & eventually an adult.
- What are the legal rights that parents should be aware of? HINT: You are never alone!
- How do you get the most from the Regional Center.
- What legislative bills are in the pipeline or laws going into effect soon that parents need to know.
- What other legal resources are available to parents.
- And much more…
Disclaimer: The information contained in this site and on this podcast is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in this site without seeking legal or other professional advice.
For further information, please contact Megan Nunez
3505 Camino Del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92108
To sponsor an upcoming episode, suggest a speaker/topic or to partner with Autism Spa, please contact us at:
Thanks for watching!
@copyright the Afshar Group 2021